- Itchy, watery eyes
- Runny nose
- Itchy nose or throat
- ask a doctor
- take 1 tablet (5 mg) once daily in the evening
- do not take more than 1 tablet (5 mg) in 24 hours
- ½ tablet (2.5 mg) once daily in the evening may be appropriate for less severe symptoms
- take ½ tablet (2.5 mg) once daily in the evening
- do not take more than ½ tablet (2.5 mg) in 24 hours
- do not use
- do not use
- if you have kidney disease
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients or to an antihistamine containing cetirizine
- ever had trouble urinating or emptying your bladder
- drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- you have trouble urinating or emptying your bladder
- an allergic reaction to this product occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- if breast-feeding: not recommended
- if pregnant: ask a health professional before use
- In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- Store between 20° and 25° C (68° and 77° F)
- Safety sealed blister pack: do not use if carton was opened or if individual blister unit is open or torn
- Safety sealed bottle: do not use if carton was opened or if printed foil inner seal on bottle is torn or missing
Temporarily relieves allergy symptoms like:
Visit our FAQs to learn more about Xyzal®.
Adults 65 years of age and older:
Adults and children 12-64 years of age:
Children 6-11 years of age:
Children under 6 years of age:
Consumers with kidney disease:
Use as directed.
Levocetirizine dihydrochloride 5 mg (Antihistamine)
Purpose: An antihistamine that relieves allergy symptoms like sneezing, itchy eyes, watery eyes, runny nose, itchy nose, and itchy throat.
Active ingredient: Levocetirizine dihydrochloride
Inactive ingredients: colloidal anhydrous silica, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol 400, titanium dioxide
How Xyzal® compares to other allergy medicines
That’s why allergists recommend Xyzal® more than Claritin and Benadryl combined.
*Applies to first dose only.
†Based on label dosing instructions.
‡Applies to first dose only. Based on chamber studies and tablet volume.
24 hours of allergy relief — guaranteed
Don’t let your allergies get in the way of your productivity. Xyzal® is the nighttime allergy medicine that works while you sleep so you wake up refreshed and ready the day ahead. As effective at hour 24, as at hour 1. If you're not completely satisfied, you get your money back — guaranteed.